The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/08/2014 4:24 am  #131

Re: Barbarians of the Void

Thank you nerosfiddle!
Will you be doing an update yourself?  I admire your restraint in game design. I hope you continue to refine this. It is a very good gaming aid.

@The GIT! - if nerosfiddle doesn't have the sources you can save the images to your computer, go to google, click images, then click the camera icon in the search bar, choose upload image and then you can find where they came from. I did this for the smuggler as my wife saw the picture and said, "I must play that character!".   Hope you find that helpful. I find most folks don't know about that little trick.

10/08/2014 6:07 am  #132

Hi jasales - thanks for the advice but I have no problem saving the images; I was thinking more for sourcing similar images if I want to add any more careers (for the sake of continuity).

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

10/08/2014 6:22 am  #133

Well, when this whole thing started it was just a way for me to write something up that my friends and I could use to run BoL in space. I just grabbed the images off google.

As for updating the document myself, yes, I do intend to continue to make changes and fine tune the game. There are a lot of great ideas that were being bounced around on this thread that I think would make BotV much better than what I came up with originally. I'll put up periodic updates and I'd hope that anyone else that makes changes does the same so we can all share those ideas.

Just please please please, don't ever take credit away from Simon from the text. This is all born from his awesome game and him being an awesome guy who was nice enough to let me share my ramblings with the group.

10/08/2014 7:03 am  #134

That is great news that you'll continue to update and excellent point about giving credit!  Yay!

Here are some simple trade rules I whipped up. It is an idea starter for the GM nothing more.

http://www.epicwords.com/attachments/15894

Last edited by jasales (10/08/2014 7:09 am)

10/08/2014 7:15 am  #135

Oh, and I updated my gear file for my players. 

http://www.epicwords.com/attachments/15895

10/08/2014 8:09 am  #136

nerosfiddle wrote:

Well, when this whole thing started it was just a way for me to write something up that my friends and I could use to run BoL in space. I just grabbed the images off google.

OK - understood; figured as much but just wanted to be sure.

nerosfiddle wrote:

As for updating the document myself, yes, I do intend to continue to make changes and fine tune the game. There are a lot of great ideas that were being bounced around on this thread that I think would make BotV much better than what I came up with originally. I'll put up periodic updates and I'd hope that anyone else that makes changes does the same so we can all share those ideas.

Excellent - glad to hear you'll keep the document as an ongoing work in progress and, again, thanks for sharing the Word document as well.

nerosfiddle wrote:

Just please please please, don't ever take credit away from Simon from the text. This is all born from his awesome game and him being an awesome guy who was nice enough to let me share my ramblings with the group.

I don't think you will have anything to fear on this count. From what I can tell everybody on this forum is united in their love of anything BoL and we all fully recognise Simon's work of genius. Full marks for making sure about this nerosfiddle - we should never forget to credit Simon whenever we write something that is BoL inspired.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

10/08/2014 9:11 am  #137

I totally agree. Simon deserves the lion's share of the credit for BoL and any variant of it.

I approve of the idea of posting updates and additions to BotV. I will post my stuff on Races and Aspects when it is done.

Can i suggest that, if someone is posting an update to something they have posted in a previous form, they label it as such, ex. Aspects 1.1.

This will make it easier to track which ones people have downloaded already.

10/08/2014 9:39 am  #138

Grimwulf wrote:

Can i suggest that, if someone is posting an update to something they have posted in a previous form, they label it as such, ex. Aspects 1.1.

This will make it easier to track which ones people have downloaded already.

Good idea, I will comply.

10/14/2014 6:36 am  #139

Hi nerosfiddle and the rest,
I appreciate what you have doneso much! It has saved me a lot of work. Still, just a tiny bit sad someone beat me to the punch for BoL ;-)

I am thinking about adapting the basic framework to a more 70s/80s Sci Fi akin to the original Alien movie, 2001 and Outland. Really bang up job you did.

Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at!
http://www.chaotic-gm.com

10/14/2014 11:34 am  #140

Chaosmeister wrote:

Hi nerosfiddle and the rest,
I appreciate what you have doneso much! It has saved me a lot of work. Still, just a tiny bit sad someone beat me to the punch for BoL ;-)

I am thinking about adapting the basic framework to a more 70s/80s Sci Fi akin to the original Alien movie, 2001 and Outland. Really bang up job you did.

Oooh...you must've read my mind because I'm planning a sci-fi setting that blends Alien, Event Horizon, Outland etc as well. I'll definitely be using BotV as the game engine and I'm looking to base the setting within 20-30 light years of Sol ( http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/starmaps/mapindex.php#winchPoster ). I will have to adapt BotV jump times and distances but I already have a workable plan for that which I will post when it's ready. I'll also be adapting some of the setting info from the original Aliens RPG and which has been further expanded at http://www.serenadawn.com/AlienRPG-Contents.htm

Board footera