The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2014 8:02 am  #21

Re: BoL Mythic Edition Kickstarter?

Simon W:
Do you think about Hardcover version of the Mythic Edition? I hate softs, it has no resilience. I'd like to buy a hardcover version. My BoL Legendary Soft is rumpled and creased. Sad.

Bow to Satan!!!

4/18/2014 12:29 pm  #22

I don't mind a HC, but I find them more fragile than PB.  Softcovers may crease, but hardcovers dont take travel abuse as well.  And they are more expensive, so I buy fewer.

4/18/2014 1:45 pm  #23

Mruf wrote:

Simon W:
Do you think about Hardcover version of the Mythic Edition? I hate softs, it has no resilience. I'd like to buy a hardcover version. My BoL Legendary Soft is rumpled and creased. Sad.

You can buy HC or SC on Lulu.

I haven't thought that far ahead for Mythic Edition.

I have doubts it'll be out this year even. Everyone I've spoken to about it has gone quiet after an intial rush of enthusiasm. Which is strange, because it's a guaranteed seller!

I'm now considering getting the art done and then putting it together myself, for self publishing (again!) via Lulu/Drivethru. Oh well...

4/18/2014 2:33 pm  #24

Simon,

I know you've stated that you don't want to run a kickstarter/indiegogo campaign for this. So, I'd suggest maybe looking into Patreon

It might be a good way to gather funds, and let you work on it a bit at a time. I know other rpg authors are doing that right now.

4/18/2014 11:59 pm  #25

And they are more expensive

I bought Swords of Almuric in HC for 9,99 greens. 7 shipment to Poland, so 17 greens altogether. It isn't much.
Polish edition Beasts&Barbarians 18 greens (translating into greens). Not much again.
Openquest 2 - 41,45 S, SC 31,64. 10 S difference, but durability much bigger.
HD are averagely 10S more expensive.

Bow to Satan!!!

4/19/2014 2:47 am  #26

I'm just waiting on a chance to throw some money at you!

4/19/2014 3:28 am  #27

Connallmac wrote:

I'm just waiting on a chance to throw some money at you!

I'd love to give you the opportunity.

I'm just tinkering with the draft and finishing up the unfinished adventure. Then i might start messing with layouts, whilst talking again to an artist or two, to see if we can sort something out.

4/19/2014 3:35 am  #28

Put a cup and a fur on and go on! ;)

Bow to Satan!!!

4/19/2014 3:46 am  #29

Previous post was adressed to connallmac.

Simon:
How much a new material do you envision, compared with BoL:LE? 10-20%? Perhaps a little more? I'm seriously curious.

Bow to Satan!!!

4/19/2014 4:01 am  #30

Check the draft download - it's still there!

Board footera