The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2014 2:55 pm  #1

BoL Mythic Edition Kickstarter?

So when is it happening? Any word?

1/30/2014 10:04 pm  #2

Re: BoL Mythic Edition Kickstarter?

I remember reading something about spring of 2014 on a different forum, but that's probably out dated intel at this point. Simon, due tell us when we get to give you more of our money. On a side note, will settings such  as Legends of  Steel get a full mythic make over as well? If so then when?

Coins, cleavage, and carnage...the three C's of Swords & Sorcery.

2/01/2014 12:28 am  #3

Nox wrote:

I remember reading something about spring of 2014 on a different forum, but that's probably out dated intel at this point. Simon, due tell us when we get to give you more of our money. On a side note, will settings such as Legends of Steel get a full mythic make over as well? If so then when?

Hopefully talking with a potential publisher next week, with a view to getting the kickstarter under way. More details (including the publishing partner) when its all firmed up. As to other settings/rpgs using BoL - I might update Dogs of W*A*R but the others are up to those that publish them.

2/01/2014 11:12 am  #4

Excellent news! We currently play H&I for a few months then play LOS. Mixing it up (setting wise and to an extent rules wise) keeps things fresh. I would love to run an actual Lemuria setting but I know nothing about it. You've explained it enough to make me want to run the setting in the past but will the new book have enough "fluff" where someone like myself would be able to run a saga in it correctly?

As for the kickstarter, perhaps a top tier could be a signed copy. Its just cool to have dedicated / signed books in ones library.

Coins, cleavage, and carnage...the three C's of Swords & Sorcery.

2/02/2014 5:19 pm  #5

Well you know I'll be surporting a KS whenever it happens

2/03/2014 1:39 am  #6

Same here. Just waiting for it to start.

Deutscher BoL Blog

"Killing equals honor!"

2/11/2014 6:43 am  #7

...it gives us the Kickstarter or it GETS THE HOSE!!!

2/13/2014 4:16 pm  #8

Hey Simon, how'd the meeting with the potential publisher go a week or so back?

(Also, sorry if it I'm being pushy or nosy, that's not my intent. I'm just legitimately curious and excited for the future of BoL.)

Art By Blob                                                  Legend4ry Gaming

2/14/2014 12:05 pm  #9

sorcerer blob wrote:

Hey Simon, how'd the meeting with the potential publisher go a week or so back?

(Also, sorry if it I'm being pushy or nosy, that's not my intent. I'm just legitimately curious and excited for the future of BoL.)

No, you aren't being pushy or nosey. I'm glad of your interest. Nothing happened - that is, the publisher didn't contact me. I'll see if I can get hold of them this weekend.

2/14/2014 2:30 pm  #10

Simon, I don't want to sound negative, but is this the same publisher that hasn't been contacting you for a while now?

With POD services like Lulu and RPGNow, why not go with them? Give the manuscript to a select few of the community fans and it will soon be edited. You then have enough to go to kickstarter.

I know you don't want to run a kickstarter, but again you could use a small group of volunteers to run this for you, I know I would certainly volunteer to do it.

The kickstarter will then give you funds to slap a load of notes in front of a layout guy to do the game justice (you know it's going to be well supported, just trawl through rpg.net and see how many times BoL is mentioned when Conan RPGs are discussed!).

I really think you should recruit some of your fans to help you get Mythic out to the public.

Board footera