The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/29/2014 5:07 pm  #61

Re: Greetings, fellow Lemurian adventurers!

Hi all,

My name is Pat, a veteran (35+ years) gamer from Eugene, Oregon.  I've had a chance to play BoL enough to know that I truly, truly love the system.  I'm hoping to find some players here in the Willamette Valley who are enthusiastic as I am about this game.  I've been working on a pretty kickin PC sheet which I hope to attach as a pdf in the future. 

I love this game so much that I wrote one of the first Dicey Tales adventures for Jeff Mejia -- "The Horror in Jade."  I enjoyed writing it and hope some of you have had the chance to play it. 

Anyway, I try spread the BoL gospel whenever possible and looking forward to doing more than merely lurking on this forum. 

Packy666

10/29/2014 11:02 pm  #62

Wecome to the fold, Pat!

10/30/2014 3:31 pm  #63

Thanx, Simon.  BoL just hits all of the right spots for me -- the rules vanish into the background during play but still meaty enough for some awfully good play.   I can actually say I've read very few Conan stories, but have read most of the Thongor short stories.  Also really jazzed by Moorcock, so much so that one of the premade characters I've come up with for a demo is an albino, sword-wielding sorcerer from Zalut with an "addiction" to a drug to maintain his strength.   No moaning black sword, though.   

I'm hoping that I can get my FLGS to sponsor a BoL demo.  I've done All Flesh Must Be Eaten & Buffy RPG as well as Savage Worlds demos for them so it shouldn't be too much of an issue to get a time slot.  I'm a little gun-shy re: demos because I've got some purposefully disrupting folks showing up to them in the past.  I haven't figured out how to deal with players like that yet, and it's soured me on demos for a while.  In the event I am brave enough and able to con the management into hosting a demo, would you prefer it to be Mythic or Legendary?  I'm most comfortable with Legendary, although I do have the Mythic pdf you sent out a while back.  They've tried to get me to demo something on "Free RPG Day" in the past -- is this something you would be interested in?  

Pat 

10/30/2014 11:22 pm  #64

packy666 wrote:

Thanx, Simon.  BoL just hits all of the right spots for me -- the rules vanish into the background during play but still meaty enough for some awfully good play.   I can actually say I've read very few Conan stories, but have read most of the Thongor short stories.  Also really jazzed by Moorcock, so much so that one of the premade characters I've come up with for a demo is an albino, sword-wielding sorcerer from Zalut with an "addiction" to a drug to maintain his strength.   No moaning black sword, though.   

I'm hoping that I can get my FLGS to sponsor a BoL demo.  I've done All Flesh Must Be Eaten & Buffy RPG as well as Savage Worlds demos for them so it shouldn't be too much of an issue to get a time slot.  I'm a little gun-shy re: demos because I've got some purposefully disrupting folks showing up to them in the past.  I haven't figured out how to deal with players like that yet, and it's soured me on demos for a while.  In the event I am brave enough and able to con the management into hosting a demo, would you prefer it to be Mythic or Legendary?  I'm most comfortable with Legendary, although I do have the Mythic pdf you sent out a while back.  They've tried to get me to demo something on "Free RPG Day" in the past -- is this something you would be interested in?  

Pat 

It probably doesn't really matter a great deal which version you demo so go with the one you feel most comfortable with - there aren't massive differences. The main difference is the way damage works (especially monsters).

(If you like Elric, you might like to try my Crimson Blades Dark Fantasy RPG, which was made with Elric firmly in mind!)

Last edited by Simon W (10/30/2014 11:24 pm)

10/31/2014 8:57 am  #65

I'll probably run with Legendary, then.  I'd like to upload the demo PCs as pdfs but haven't figured out how to do that, yet (if it's at all possible).   

I've only just become aware of Crimson Blades.  I'll make sure to check it out.  Does it have a dedicated website or forum?

Pat

10/31/2014 10:33 am  #66

packy666 wrote:

I'll probably run with Legendary, then.  I'd like to upload the demo PCs as pdfs but haven't figured out how to do that, yet (if it's at all possible).   

I've only just become aware of Crimson Blades.  I'll make sure to check it out.  Does it have a dedicated website or forum?

Pat

No, but there's more info here as well as a thread or two on these forums

12/11/2014 6:22 pm  #67

Hi all,

I am late comming over to the party.  I used to infrequently post on Lords of Lemuria.  I'm one of those 40 something grognards that's run practically every RPG on the market including old school D&D since 1979: lots of game design and homebrew, yadda yadda, you know the grognard spiel.  I'm kind of a systems junky, but I am also a storyteller, and Sword and Sorcery has been my prefered genre for 20 or so years.  Needless to say, BoL pushes a lot of the right buttons and is easily in my all time top 5 RPG list along with the likes of WFRP, Pendragon, and the old TSR Conan (ZeFRS).  BoL is truly a great game.  I've bought coppies of the legendary eddition for friends, family, and the local game store. I've ran anual demos for new players, and several short campaigns for my regular groups, and for my family.

Obviously, I'm a fan, and... I cannot believe... I missed... the Mythic Kikstarter!!  Argghh!!  I thought it would never happen... and then... I missed it!  And it was so close to the 500 needed for the generic engine.  Its all my fault.  BoL, I've failed you! 

Ahem. On the positive side, I am very much looking forward to the new eddition, and am glad to be back in the community.  I plan to run another short BoL campaign this spring - this time for the fantasy literature club at the university where I teach.

Cheers everyone.  Its good to be back and its great to have a new eddition!

12/15/2014 10:26 am  #68

Welcome everyone new!

12/25/2014 2:05 pm  #69

Greetings fellow warriors!
My name is Chris, I'm from England and looking for any roleplaying groups in the South-East. I am fairly new to BoL having only picked up a copy of Legendary edition back in August after I started reading The Complete Chronicles of Conan. It has quickly become my favourite RPG of all time. Otherwise in roleplaying, I'm familiar with the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay series (especially Deathwatch) and Pathfinder. 

He dwells on a great mountain. What use to call on him? Little he cares if men live or die. Better to be silent than to call his attention to you; he will send you dooms, not fortune! He is grim and loveless, but at birth he breathes power to strive and slay into a man's soul. What else shall men ask of the gods?

12/25/2014 2:36 pm  #70

Hi Crom, do you go to any Cons? I'll be running BoL at Conception next month.

Board footera