The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/17/2024 9:38 am  #1

Greetings

I don’t remember finding this forum but when I went to create an account I already had saved information? Anyway I started playing D&D in 1980 with the blue box edition. I played alot in jr high and high school, took a long break, I bought all the 3.0 books and played it sporadically. I played with a group from my hobbyshop for a few years and now run a Deathbringer campaign. I first discovered BoL from reading Carrion Lands and then went and got the other BoL versions. I want to run the old version of BoL for my next campaign. I like the Brawl option. I am looking forward to reading all the posts on this forum. Thanks to all the posters.

2/18/2024 12:24 am  #2

Re: Greetings

Welcome. Whichever version of BoL you play, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you're looking for interesting combat options you might want to take a close look at Honor+Intrigue - it's one of my favourite BoL spinoffs.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

2/18/2024 12:28 am  #3

Thank you. I will check it out.

2/18/2024 2:35 am  #4

Welcome aboard!

If you are a dedicated sword & sorcery player I'd also suggest that you take a look at the Sword & Sorcery Codex - it's duel statted for both Everywhen and BoL and give lots of options to give your game a classic S&S feel.

My real name is Steve Hall

2/18/2024 6:07 am  #5

I was looking at that one recently on drive thru, I will have to get it now. Thanks

2/19/2024 9:15 am  #6

Welcome to here, Almuric 701, everyone is here to be supportive of everyone else and to enjoy BoL, Everywhen and other games, like Carrion Lands, 

I am the one who writes ​https://ancientvaults.wordpress.com/ for the OSR, yet BoL and Everywhen are pretty cool too.

2/19/2024 1:46 pm  #7

Thanks Warlord
They are such good games they deserve more recognition and content. I like the 2d6 system and simplicity but my players love rolling d20s . I also much prefer background professions over a skills system.

2/19/2024 11:45 pm  #8

Yeah, I find that D&D GMs tend to really take to BoL - their players not so much. 

My real name is Steve Hall

Board footera