The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2023 12:44 pm  #1

2024 is upon us and a challenge to all!

A Happy New Year to All! 2024 is approaching us all as it slows creeps across the planet. As the world gets a little weirder I am going to issue a challenge to everyone: get a regular (online or offline) game of Barbarians of Lemuria or Everywhen going if you don't already have one. I know that this is easier said than done for some, that is why it is called a challenge. I was planning on running a Blueholme game while playing in a BoL/Everywhen game when things changed and I will now be running a BoL/Everywhen game based on the Blueholme game I was going to run then getting to play later on in the same system, someone else's setting. I will start a thread in the Cryptic Writings of Lemuria section. Our forum will be a decade old this coming year.

I am the one who writes ​https://ancientvaults.wordpress.com/ for the OSR, yet BoL and Everywhen are pretty cool too.

12/31/2023 3:06 pm  #2

Re: 2024 is upon us and a challenge to all!

Cool!

1/20/2024 12:05 pm  #3

Great challenge!  Currently running OD&D (in honor of D&D's 50th anniversary), but at some point in the next few months my BoL-powered Fading Suns game will definitely resume.  I'd also like to run some Sinbad-ish S&S (BoL plus some stuff from the Sword & Sorcery Codex), maybe just as one-shots.  

1/20/2024 7:23 pm  #4

I'm planning some episodic S&W gaming taking advantage of the S&S Codex. Then some Dicey Tales. But it's competing with Arden Vul using Swords and Wizardry.

1/21/2024 3:06 am  #5

For a while now I've run nothing but BoL or Everywhen or a mush-up of both - and as we run a game most Sundays I already run a regular BoL/EW game. (These are 1 GM - 1  Player games run by myself and also by my wife Alison. She runs one week and I run the next, turn and turn about.) 

In a few hours time Alison will be running a EW game set in 1937 for my P.I. Tom Spencer - you will find a review of the last two Spencer games on the Everywhen Forum on this site. I'm currently getting together a game set in the implied setting of Garnett Elliott's 'Sky-Serpent of Tletzlan' free scenario - fantasy mesoamerica run using BoL+Sword & Sorcery Codex.

I find predicting what I will run next never comes true, but when the run of mesoamerican games comes to an end I plan to return to my Everywhen swashbuckling game set in 1620s (now 1630s) France. 

A great challenge by the way!

My real name is Steve Hall

Board footera