The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2024 3:05 am  #11

Re: The future of BoL

Stainless wrote:

So how would self-publishing now work using BoL and derived rules? It's not OGL or CC, I think. So if you wanted to write and publish your own adventure/supplement/etc. doe it require an agreement with Simon W or with Ludospherik, or both? Basically, I'm clueless as to how this all works legally.

You would contact Ludospherik. They now hold the rights for the long term. They are very easy to deal with and are happy to listen to ideas.

2/02/2024 8:19 pm  #12

I'm looking forward to more news on the new English edition!  Will it be mostly a visual swap over for the French art or a full blown new edition with expanded/evolved rules like previous ones?

2/03/2024 3:54 am  #13

Pit Fighter wrote:

I'm looking forward to more news on the new English edition!  Will it be mostly a visual swap over for the French art or a full blown new edition with expanded/evolved rules like previous ones?

Mostly a visual swap, with a few tweaks here and there. However, there are the three adventures from the French book and two new adventures, one written by myself and the other by Garnet Elliott.

The main point is that it will bring the whole new line of the French products to English speakers...including the maps, GM's screens, sourcebooks, adventure books and a whole bunch of other stuff.

It should be quite an exciting time for BoL players. 

2/03/2024 12:15 pm  #14

Thanks and looking forward to see what they're bringing over.  I'm only familiar in passing with the core book through some samples of the art.

3/15/2024 2:56 pm  #15

Has there been any progress on this?   I signed up for news on their page (albeit with a translated webpage so hopefully it worked correctly!)  but haven't heard anything since.   Alot of other RPGs are starting crowdfunding seemingly every other week and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss this one.

3/15/2024 10:32 pm  #16

I couldn’t pass the captcha dialogue to get on the list. I think it’s broken. But I’d love to know the progress too.

3/16/2024 2:22 am  #17

It's still comparatively early days but much of the book has been laid out and the two new adventures (one by Garnett Elliott and the other by me) have been given to Ludospherik. A lot of time is being given over how to get the book into distribution and how to approach any crowdfunding/kickstarter. I'm speaking with the guys from Ludospherik later this week and we might get more of this pinned down by then. If so, I'll let you know what I know next weekend.

New English edition for Barbarians of Lemuria - Ludospherik Editions (ludospherik-editions.com)

3/16/2024 3:05 am  #18

Thanks!  I appreciate the update and glad to hear that things are progressing behind the scenes and am looking forward to hearing hopefully something more in the upcoming weeks.

3/16/2024 8:51 am  #19

Nice! Thanks, @SimonW. I'll be earmarking money for this.

3/17/2024 5:08 pm  #20

@SimonW
I don't know if this thread is appropriate to ask this question but I don't know of any other than is more and that I wouldn't necro'ing after years of dormancy.   Do you consider the current/upcoming version of Champions of Lemuria to be rules light still overall as well as compared with your original first published version?  I'm curious as to your thoughts on this and whether being rules light was a significant design goal with each subsequent edition/version.  Adding backstory, sample characters, art, and setting info obviously doesn't increase the underlying core mechanics (though it does dramatically increase page count) so I wouldn't necessarily factor those thing in personally so I guess it's more of a question regarding the additional systems and details you've added over the years.  

Board footera