The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2014 10:50 pm  #31

Re: What RPG(s) are you playing/running/planning?

I LOVE Shaintar! Great SW setting. I've got two sourcebooks (arise and unleashed) but my players are yapping ang grizzling. In 2015 Shaintar will be released in Poland. Maybe then...
Cortex is cool,  but I dind't buy the book, prices are... crazy. ot only own print from pdf.

Bow to Satan!!!

4/16/2014 9:18 am  #32

Currently playing: Zip!

Currently running: Sadly, nothing at the moment. I just finished DM’ing a 1st edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons campaign just before the first of the year.

Currently planning: Because of my work schedule and family life, I’m trying to put together a BoL game I’ve been working on for a little bit. I’d like to host it on either Skype, ooVoo or google+ once a week. If I can get enough interest in it I’ll get it off the ground and running.

4/18/2014 12:32 pm  #33

Yeah, most Cortex I have is in printed PDF.  But its another Easy/Simple system (at least it used to be, I ahven't tried the new Cortex.  If its like Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, I'm not as happy with it.  Cortex Firefly/Supernatural was easy and fun.   And it was easy to add new abilities.  

Shaintar can be a lot of fun, though the scope is a bit more limited than I expected at first.  The fun thing is the active community and the vibrant world-building Justice and Life Campaign.   (Each J&L judge is given their own area of teh world to develop.  As the games are played and reported, places with unpublished sourcebooks get edited into the games being played and vice cersa....)

11/21/2014 9:31 pm  #34

As I haven't the time or energy to actually assemble a tabletop group, nor the patience to explain the dif between high fantasy and S&S, I'm currently designing a pbem BoL game set in Lemuria. I will announce when it's ready for play in the pbp thread.

Dammit, I wanna play BoL RIGHT @#$% NOW!

11/22/2014 4:33 am  #35

Hey Baragon, thanks for resurrecting this thread – as gnombient said at the beginning, it’s always fun to see what other people are doing. So people, what are you up to now…
I’m currently running a BoL Firefly game. I was inspired by the Firefly thread by caul in ‘Weird lands and forgotten islands’, added bits from nerosfiddle’s excellent Barbarians of the Void, and adapted bits from the original Cortex game, Serenity. We had fun so far, getting involved in the illegal bare knuckle boxing games arranged by Badger; rescuing a young man involved with a wacko religious cult that tried to convert reavers (this didn’t work); and ending up in the middle of two sets of gangsters and Blue Sun security because the PCs were the unwitting possessors of a box of stolen prototype…er…enhanced bioware male gonad replacements!

Also tinkering with a Mythic game set in 15th Century Florence -  working for the Medici family in public, but working as demon hunters for the Inquisition in private. Hoping to run this soon.

Last edited by Gruntfuttock (11/22/2014 4:35 am)

My real name is Steve Hall

11/22/2014 5:00 am  #36

Gruntfuttock wrote:

Also tinkering with a Mythic game set in 15th Century Florence -  working for the Medici family in public, but working as demon hunters for the Inquisition in private. Hoping to run this soon.

That sounds great fun!

11/22/2014 5:07 am  #37

I'm still running my Crimson Blades campaign. The characters are a Dendrellyssi and a Mortyllan Priest (sorcerer) who have just escaped the Witch Isle on a demon-enhaced fishing boat, just about intact (although the priest was a zombie for a brief while and now owes his chaos god big time) and they're now virtually penniless in the desert-city of Beshavant and they've just come to the attention of the Brothers of the Snake (the local assassins guild). 

11/22/2014 11:23 am  #38

Crimson Blades is a game I really want to try running. 
I bought it the day it was released on Drivethrurpg, but haven't had a chance to play it yet...

I'm planning a Barbarians of the Void playtest in the next week or two, and I'm currently running a Dark Heresy game. I really need to look into getting the 2nd edition of that.

11/22/2014 11:37 am  #39

I've seen a lot of great ideas on this site,so let this post serve as a notice. If I see any adventure ideas, creature stats, etc. that I like, I WILL swipe them, modify them,give credit to the originator of said idea, and put them in my upcoming BoL pbem. You have been warned. 

Dammit, I wanna play BoL RIGHT @#$% NOW!

11/22/2014 12:27 pm  #40

Good for you!
As I’ve said before, plagiarism is the sincerest form of theft!!

My real name is Steve Hall

Board footera