The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2023 9:21 pm  #11

Re: Back to Barbarians of Lemuria - some different settings/campaigns

I really need to check this forum more often.

Where's my axe?

4/16/2023 7:26 pm  #12

Continuing with the Warhammer BoL Campaign; back in Jan 2023 we had played "Deadly Nights in Averheim" an adventure where my wife's characters and my NPC character assisted the local guard in figuring out who was killing prostitutes in Averheim.  I've run this adventure before using D&D 3.5 for Freeport and also with The Fantasy Trip rules in the Port City of Tro before.  Also used it with the BoL rules in Jalizar, from the Beasts and Barbarians setting.

The adventure went well - the PCs figured out who was killing the prostitutes and why, but in the final battle - my NPC/PC character Ulfric Ritter died! (A good valiant death though!)  We stopped playing for a few months... 

Then yesterday, we continued on with the campaign - my wife's PCs the High Elf Noble/Sorceress and the Bretonnian Sell-Sword met up with my new NPC/PC character, a Dwarven Miner, turned Sell-Sword, now Explorer (from Honor & Intrigue). The three will be continuing on trying to locate the Red Cave, a location marked on a map that my wife's characters acquired some time back from a bandit chieftain that they defeated.

This last adventure should wrap up our Warhammer/BoL campaign.  Hoping to run it next weekend.

Then we will move on to Jalizar or our Hammer of Æs Hyborian Age campaign.  Have not decided yet.

4/17/2023 2:42 am  #13

Hyboria for the win! (It should have quite a different feel to Warhammer, which should be nice for variety.)

My real name is Steve Hall

4/17/2023 9:05 am  #14

Yeah, Hyborian Age gets my vote 

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

5/03/2023 5:35 am  #15

So, we finished the BoL - Warhammer campaign and decided to revert back to our Hyborian Age "The Hammer of Æs" campaign.  Our characters are still travelling through Shem, heading back towards Argos/Zingara and eventually Aquilonia.  

Last Saturday night we played "The Children of Ishiti" by Vincent Darlage & Eric K. Rodriguez (found in the Mongoose Conan Adventures in the Hyborian Age book).   A good one session adventure.   It was not to difficult to convert to BoL rules.  

Our characters killed a few of the "Children" of Ishiti, and escaped with their lives, if not their clothes and armor.  Made for an interesting trip through the desert wearing nothing more than linen kilts and sandals - good thing that they had blankets still on their horses' packs.  They did take some LB damage from failed Survival rolls and eventually reached an oasis where my wife's Shemite Nomad/Thief was able to use her Diplomacy to get assistance from a group of Shemite merchant's that were camped out at the Oasis.

Next adventure up is going to be the Vultures of Shem (from Modephius 2d20 RPG).  I've already converted the first half of this module and we will run it this coming weekend.  I watched a couple of You Tube videos really like what I have seen about this adventure.  I did make some tweaks to it - based on our character's current situation, but it should work out really well.

Last edited by Sigulf (5/03/2023 5:36 am)

5/03/2023 10:25 am  #16

I think I have 'Vultures' lurking on a data stick somewhere - I must check it out.

5/16/2023 11:20 am  #17

Over the last two weekends we played the "Vultures of Shem" adventure.  After reading the adventure I watched a couple of You Tube videos, on a review and two play throughs of the adventure, of course they were using the Modephius 2d20 rules.   I then started the conversion to BoL.

I did change some of the story a bit - to fit our characters and just because I didn't care for some elements of the adventure as written.  (But who doesn't change a pre-written adventure to suit their own campaign).

It worked pretty good as two 2.5 - 3 hour gaming sessions.    My wife watched a bit of the You Tube 2d20 play through after we ran it, she stated that she really does prefer BoL, no doubt about it.

Next up is the adventure "The Sands of Arashin-Ral", another Modephius 2d20 adventure.  The two characters are slowly making their way westward across Shem .

5/17/2023 12:57 am  #18

I'm glad you are still going strong - and your wife shows great taste. I bounced off the 2d20 rules hard.

I've been running a Hyborian game for my wife where she has just completed an epic trading voyage from a port on the coast of Zembabwe to far off Khitai. Great fun!

Please keep us informed of how your games are progressing.

5/19/2023 11:24 am  #19

I actually quite like the 2d20 system but I do feel they dropped the ball badly with the Conan setting; way to complex. For John Carter they produced a far more streamlined approach, and my gaming group also enjoyed playtesting the system for Achtung! Cthulhu. I've purchased all the Conan books but, in all probability, I will wait until the new Everywhen Codex comes out and then convert everything to BoL 

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

5/19/2023 11:35 am  #20

You and me both!

I think the Codex will be the sword & sorcery supplement that Everywhen has needed from the off; and as it is also double-statted for BoL as well it will be so useful for BoL GMs using it for settings other than Simon's Lemuria.

Board footera