The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/13/2019 12:59 pm  #1


 

5/13/2019 4:53 pm  #2


Re: Struggling to choose which sword & sorcery game I will run....chime in

I'm a big fan of BoL for Hyborian Age Conan games, or any Sword and Sorcery game.  I've been running a one player campaign for my wife for since 2012.  We started out using the Mongoose d20 Conan rules.  We liked it but when I learned about BoL we decided to try it out.  My wife REALLY likes the BoL rules.  She said that its her favorite rule set...

We have also experimented with The Fantasy Trip rules for our Conan game too.  I have downloaded Crypts and Things - it looked good, but really didn't try it out.  Also checked out AS&SH, but didn't try it out either.

We have also run a Beasts and Barbarians campaign - switching out the Savage Worlds rules for BoL.  Another campaign we played for a while was a Lankhmar game, again with the BoL rules.

BoL just works for Sword and Sorcery!
 

 

5/14/2019 7:16 am  #3


Re: Struggling to choose which sword & sorcery game I will run....chime in

Preach, brother - preach!!!


My real name is Steve Hall
 

6/25/2019 9:05 am  #4


Re: Struggling to choose which sword & sorcery game I will run....chime in

So Gundar, which system/setting did you choose?

 

6/25/2019 1:22 pm  #5


Re: Struggling to choose which sword & sorcery game I will run....chime in

gnombient wrote:

So Gundar, which system/setting did you choose?

I chose Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2nd. edition.  It has been a rough go though, partially because a lot of my players work with my fiancé and myself and talk incessantly about work stuff and also because they struggle a bit with the system.  Last Sunday was our third session of the campaign and we decided to shelf the game for a couple of sessions and switch to one of my all-time favorite sword & sorcery systems, Barbarians of Lemuria Mythic Edition, and see how that fits everyone.  LOLOLOL

I have run BoL Legendary Edition a LOT and had a very successful Hyborian Age campaign I ran online for quite some time.  I think they will love it.

We shall see this weekend...


 

Last edited by Gundar (6/25/2019 1:22 pm)

     Thread Starter
 

6/26/2019 2:17 am  #6


Re: Struggling to choose which sword & sorcery game I will run....chime in

Gundar wrote:

gnombient wrote:

So Gundar, which system/setting did you choose?

I chose Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2nd. edition.  It has been a rough go though, partially because a lot of my players work with my fiancé and myself and talk incessantly about work stuff and also because they struggle a bit with the system.  Last Sunday was our third session of the campaign and we decided to shelf the game for a couple of sessions and switch to one of my all-time favorite sword & sorcery systems, Barbarians of Lemuria Mythic Edition, and see how that fits everyone.  LOLOLOL

I have run BoL Legendary Edition a LOT and had a very successful Hyborian Age campaign I ran online for quite some time.  I think they will love it.

We shall see this weekend...


 

 
How can they not? I’ll bet it’s a hit! (Can I join you?)

 

6/26/2019 1:59 pm  #7


Re: Struggling to choose which sword & sorcery game I will run....chime in

roryb wrote:

Gundar wrote:

gnombient wrote:

So Gundar, which system/setting did you choose?

I chose Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2nd. edition.  It has been a rough go though, partially because a lot of my players work with my fiancé and myself and talk incessantly about work stuff and also because they struggle a bit with the system.  Last Sunday was our third session of the campaign and we decided to shelf the game for a couple of sessions and switch to one of my all-time favorite sword & sorcery systems, Barbarians of Lemuria Mythic Edition, and see how that fits everyone.  LOLOLOL

I have run BoL Legendary Edition a LOT and had a very successful Hyborian Age campaign I ran online for quite some time.  I think they will love it.

We shall see this weekend...


 

 
How can they not? I’ll bet it’s a hit! (Can I join you?)

If you live near Columbus, Ohio then I'd love to have you onboard!
 

     Thread Starter
 

6/26/2019 9:56 pm  #8


Re: Struggling to choose which sword & sorcery game I will run....chime in

Gundar wrote:

If you live near Columbus, Ohio then I'd love to have you onboard!
 

 
Sadly quite a ways away (Seattle). Have a great game. I’ll send a prayer to Hurm for your success!

 

7/04/2019 6:19 pm  #9


Re: Struggling to choose which sword & sorcery game I will run....chime in

So have you play BoL with them yet?  How'd it go?


Where's my axe?
 

7/04/2019 7:39 pm  #10


Re: Struggling to choose which sword & sorcery game I will run....chime in

He sure did! Wrote about it here, too: http://championsoflemuria.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=336

 

Board footera