The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/07/2015 8:33 am  #1

Potions that heal?

There are some really great guidelines on Alchemy in the Mythic edition but I can't seem to find guidelines for potions that directly cure LifeBlood. Any guidelines on that?

4/07/2015 8:37 am  #2

Re: Potions that heal?

Ok, I see something in the Devices and Creations section. Maybe that will do.

4/12/2015 1:42 pm  #3

As a rule of thumb, I consider that an Alchemist may double the healing rate of a wounded character the same way a Healer/Physician can as long as he has his gear at hand (so either a bag of herbs and weird stuff, or his laboratory is close).

A potion that gives LB back sounds a bit too much like D&D to me. The wrong side of D&D : it's not S&S, it's not High Fantasy either, it's pure Board game.

Crush your enemies
See them driven before you.
Hear the lamentations of their women.

4/12/2015 9:58 pm  #4

I really have no problem with a potion that heals all LifeBlood loss. But such an exliar needs to be rare, composed of ingrediants that are almost impossible to aquire, and be an all or nothing. By that I mean you cannot sip a small portion of the exliar and achive a partcial effect. To be effective the entire contents must be taken at one time. Also, if I were to use such a thing in my game, it would not be effective on those who had dropped below zero LB. The best it could do would be to bring them to zero, with no need to stabilize.

4/13/2015 1:44 am  #5

Kathulos wrote:

I really have no problem with a potion that heals all LifeBlood loss. But such an exliar needs to be rare, composed of ingrediants that are almost impossible to aquire, and be an all or nothing. By that I mean you cannot sip a small portion of the exliar and achive a partcial effect. To be effective the entire contents must be taken at one time. Also, if I were to use such a thing in my game, it would not be effective on those who had dropped below zero LB. The best it could do would be to bring them to zero, with no need to stabilize.

So a Mythical or Legendary potion? What if its effects caused great pain because of the quick regeneration? Or maybe it heals you in an hour during which you get very trippy, or something like that.

Crush your enemies
See them driven before you.
Hear the lamentations of their women.

4/13/2015 7:52 pm  #6

Wizard Lizard wrote:

Kathulos wrote:

So a Mythical or Legendary potion? What if its effects caused great pain because of the quick regeneration? Or maybe it heals you in an hour during which you get very trippy, or something like that.

I see it as something that speeds up thr healing process of the body. So that if thr person is above zero LB at the time it is taken, thr person is exhausted and while at full LB, will still need to rest the same amount of time as they would under normal healing conditions. If they were below zero LB, the potion brings them to exactly zero LB, stabilizes the persons, and allows them the chance to continue healing just as normal. However, in both cases they cannot be assisted by any form of medical aid because thry are physically healed.

Board footera