The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2014 6:17 pm  #51

Re: Heroes of Hellas

If I didn't already have a B&W copy as well (printed from my PDF) I'd order a second copy.

Now, if there were a POD of Dicey Tales 2.....

4/24/2014 8:57 pm  #52

It's here.   It's finally here!   (Along with the boxed edition of Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperbrea...with the three modules!)

Its late, but I'm happy.

4/24/2014 9:04 pm  #53

You should check out Nysilor. It's pdf only, but looks like a good systemless setting for S&S

4/24/2014 9:14 pm  #54

I will.

(By the way, by late I mean its 1 AM here, I just flew in from NYC, not that the book was late.)

Can we get a good link for Nysilor?

4/24/2014 9:25 pm  #55

Check the thread I have for it in Weird Lands and Forgotten Islands 

7/29/2014 9:39 pm  #56

So I went and saw Hercules in 3D today. Not a great movie, but since I also recently saw the other Hercules and 300: Rise of an Empire, I'm feeling in a mood to run an HoH one shot after I get my Legendary hard copy. Is there a form fillable pdf character sheet available? If not, might there be a sheet in Doc or odt format I could get my hands on?

4/09/2015 9:13 am  #57

Simon W wrote:

Heroes of Hellas is an excellent piece of work, with some gorgeous art from Peter Frain. Anyone else given it a go?

I haven't but I'm dying to! I've got an entire bookshelf filled with Ancient Greek RPG material. Between Hercules & Xena, Mazes & Minotaus, Argos/Axon (?), Valley of the Pharohs, Xenobia, etc., I'm VERY ready for this!

4/10/2015 6:28 am  #58

It is a great product and I will definitely be running something with it in the near future.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

10/27/2015 10:23 am  #59

Totally stuck when writing a Dicey Tales game (two good ideas, but could I link them together?) and with players expecting a game, I turned to Heroes of Hellas.

I had purchased the pdf some time ago, but had never used it. So I rapidly put together a scenario based on one of the theories about the death of Atilla the Hun (not an embolism on his wedding night, but a hit by the Romans - his Roman slave bride, young and beautiful, being the assassin). Atilla became a Thracian warlord, the slave became a frontier settler's daughter, out for vengence, and the PCs guards for the 'bride'.

The game was a blast and the players demanded more games for the Thracian mercenary and wandering Amazon. Writing one now, and have bought HoH in dead tree format. If you have HoH, give it a go - you will not be disappointed.

My real name is Steve Hall

10/27/2015 10:49 pm  #60

Gruntfuttock wrote:

Totally stuck when writing a Dicey Tales game (two good ideas, but could I link them together?) and with players expecting a game, I turned to Heroes of Hellas.

I had purchased the pdf some time ago, but had never used it. So I rapidly put together a scenario based on one of the theories about the death of Atilla the Hun (not an embolism on his wedding night, but a hit by the Romans - his Roman slave bride, young and beautiful, being the assassin). Atilla became a Thracian warlord, the slave became a frontier settler's daughter, out for vengence, and the PCs guards for the 'bride'.

The game was a blast and the players demanded more games for the Thracian mercenary and wandering Amazon. Writing one now, and have bought HoH in dead tree format. If you have HoH, give it a go - you will not be disappointed.

Heroes of Hellas is a superb example of what can be done with the BoL rules
 just by adding a few "flavour" rules but sticking mainly to the system exactly as it is. I'm a massive fan of HoH.

Board footera