The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/07/2014 6:34 am  #1

BoL's built in Cenematic Slider

I've been playing with BoL and variants for a few months now and, I take my hat off to the designer. Nice job Simon. What a gem you have here!

In playing with different genre's and play styles, BoL has a very easy way to change the flavor of your games to better suit your theme and players. And this is all probably obvious to everyone but I hadn't seen it mentioned.

Simply change the number of hero points or OR change their replenishment from the start of a new adventure to the start of a new game session. IE if you want a rip roaring action adventure replenish all 5 hero points at the beginning of each game session (expect for player character to mowe down hordes of enemies!). If you want gritty limit the hero points to 3 and only replenish them at the start of a new adventure. Or do anything in between. You can tweak this all you want to get the right feel to the game you and your players want.

You can also play with earned advancement points in the exact same way. Award them each session, increase them, decrease them etc.

Change both things together to fine tune what you are looking for. Again, this is all probably obvious to everyone here. Thanks for reading. Any thoughts on this? What are your experiences changing these?

11/07/2014 9:35 am  #2

Re: BoL's built in Cenematic Slider

So far I haven't need to change this, but I know it's a good option depending on the campaign.

Marcelo "Fermmoylle" Paschoalin
Brazilian Novelist and RPG author

Board footera