The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/26/2015 11:24 am  #21

Re: Firearms (Mythic)

Yes extremes are extreme

If we go to or instead of and then (imo) for the regular NPCs the damage isn't enough. So it looks like the rules don't work....

1/26/2015 12:10 pm  #22

An easy solution is give each weapon a maximum auto-fire damage

1/26/2015 12:49 pm  #23

Venomous Filigree wrote:

An easy solution is give each weapon a maximum auto-fire damage

We seem to be thinking the same way on this...I was also thinking that putting a cap on the maximum auto-fire bonus to damage is an easy solution - and it also provides the opportunity of diferentiating between different types of assault rifles, SMGs and MGs without adding complicated rules mechanisms (for those who prefer a little more rules granularity on their weapon stats).

Last edited by The GIT! (1/26/2015 12:50 pm)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

1/26/2015 1:17 pm  #24

The GIT! wrote:

...it also provides the opportunity of diferentiating between different types of assault rifles, SMGs and MGs without adding complicated rules mechanisms (for those who prefer a little more rules granularity on their weapon stats).

Ineed!

3/25/2015 2:38 pm  #25

Sorry to be so late to this discussion, but I'm still catching up on the forum.

A different idea would be to keep the standard damage formula for light, medium and heavy weapons. And in stead of adding anything to the total you could double the damage that penetrates armor. This way you keep the simple formula and don't have add anything to compensate for how melee weapons use STR. You also get the wide range of results you should get from gunshots: Heavy firearms are more powerful than light firearms, but you can still one-shot an unarmored tough with a light pistol if you are lucky.

Just an idea

4/22/2015 11:02 am  #26

I'm late to the discussion too, anyway I've a related question for you all:
Which rules do you use for Ammo Checks?

Nobody likes taking track of bullets, and I like cinematic adventures... but...still I like when the hero has to toss away his gun and find another weapon/strategy, or the game would be boring (and realistically in a firefight nobody counts his shots, especially with automatic weapons).

Ammo Checks in BoTA makes you run out of bullets rolling double 5s (and 4s, 3s for rare weapons), but somewhere I've read using a roll of 3 (and also 4 for auto weapons) as depleting ammo.

Which is better?
any other idea?

Board footera