The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/17/2014 7:26 am  #1

Dicey Tales - Firearms question

Dicey Tales #1 says on page 43: In the case of firearms the basic combat rules for missile weapons apply as written in the standard BoL rules.

Does that mean that: you add half your strength and round down to get the total damage?

Is that the intent? I was about to assume no but that isn't what is written. Yes, I understand that this is a very flexible game and I can call it like I want but I just wanted to know what the intent was in the design.

I'd also like to say that I like these firearm rules more than any other I've ever seen. Simple,fun and too the point. The suppressive fire mechanic is easy and effective.

Last edited by jasales (7/17/2014 8:02 am)

7/17/2014 11:11 am  #2

Re: Dicey Tales - Firearms question

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. IIRC you will find the firearms stats, including damage ratings, on pg 49 of Dicey Tales # 1 (I was re-reading some of the rules again the other day).

Last edited by The GIT! (7/17/2014 11:11 am)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

7/17/2014 6:53 pm  #3

I guess I have some editing to do.
The answer is no.
Firearms use a chemical charge to deliver the missile. Strength does not play a part in that delivery.

Last edited by theevildm (7/17/2014 6:54 pm)

7/18/2014 4:17 am  #4

Thank you both for your responses. It only made sense that way. I'm willing and able to proofread the latest document if you still need that.

7/18/2014 8:19 am  #5

theevildm wrote:

The answer is no.
Firearms use a chemical charge to deliver the missile. Strength does not play a part in that delivery.

Hi Jeff - I sent you a PM the other but wasn't sure if you had seen it.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

7/20/2014 9:34 am  #6

The GIT! wrote:

theevildm wrote:

The answer is no.

Thanks,
just sent reply.
Jeff

7/21/2014 5:02 am  #7

theevildm wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

theevildm wrote:

The answer is no.

Thanks,
just sent reply.
Jeff

Got it - thanks for the reply Jeff.

Last edited by The GIT! (7/21/2014 5:02 am)

Board footera