The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2019 5:52 pm  #11

Re: Crimson Blades II rules question thread

Appreciate the link; I'll check it out.

Seems a shame that this forum has been allowed to stagnate so much. It used to be really busy with some very creative and interesting posts

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

2/12/2019 11:28 pm  #12

gnombient wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Hi again Simon

Another question about the d20 Crimson Blades. It doesn't look as though the People, Animals, Monsters & Undead section got a full conversion. There are no Base Attack mods listed. I know that the original CB rules uses Hit Dice to also determine the attack capabilities of the monsters but d20 doesn't work that way.  Also, not all creatures have the same Hit Dice (an Enchantress has 2d4 for example).

Is there some simple way to determine the Base Attack Bonus for creatures in the d20 rules? Maybe it's as simple as using the Experience Levels table on pg 10 - Hit Dice of d8 or larger use the Primary Save column and Hit Dice smaller than d8 use the Normal Save column? Number of Hit Dice determines the Level?

Also, some of the special attacks still use the Hit Dice to determine success. For example, the Sea Serpent says "If a sea serpent hits with at least two of its HD, it means it has swallowed its victim whole." How to determine success in d20?

Not sure if Simon is watching this board anymore but, in the hopes that he is, I had to bump this post to see if I can get a definitive answer.

I don't know if anyone is consistently watching this board anymore!

You may want to try the Beyond Belief Games area at Original D&D Discussion, I know he visits there periodically.

If you don’t have an account there, they are not adding new members. Sadly, I’ve tried.  (cry)

2/12/2019 11:29 pm  #13

The GIT! wrote:

Seems a shame that this forum has been allowed to stagnate so much. It used to be really busy with some very creative and interesting posts

True! I’m sure it could be resuscitated by a few active enthusiasts who love Simon’s games!

2/13/2019 9:10 am  #14

The GIT! wrote:

Agreed.  Hopefully the passing of G+ will drive more discussion back to forums and blogs, instead of just to MeWe or whatever social media flavor of the month. 

2/13/2019 9:16 am  #15

roryb wrote:

If you don’t have an account there, they are not adding new members. Sadly, I’ve tried. (cry)

Have you tried recently?  I haven't seen anything on the Announcements board that they've completely closed the gates.  Hope you can get in soon!

How to join our OD&D Discussion community:

1. PM me at Dragonsfoot, K&K, theRPGsite, the Goodman boards, the Troll Lords boards, or any other board where I post regularly. I'm easy to find as I post as Finarvyn pretty much everywhere.

2. Be sure to say a couple of words in your PM about why you want to discuss OD&D so that I know that you're a real human. I will also need a valid email address to send an invite to from Proboards.

3. If you don't seem to be a spam-bot or a sock puppet, I let you in.

2/13/2019 9:20 am  #16

gnombient wrote:

roryb wrote:

If you don’t have an account there, they are not adding new members. Sadly, I’ve tried. (cry)

Have you tried recently?  I haven't seen anything on the Announcements board that they've completely closed the gates.  Hope you can get in soon!

Maybe it was 3-4 weeks ago. The system said my application was up for review, and not to expect a quick reply. But eventually, my request was either denied or de-activated, because the server doesn't recognize my login (even though it was verified). Go figure.

2/13/2019 12:44 pm  #17

gnombient wrote:

roryb wrote:

1. PM me at Dragonsfoot, K&K, theRPGsite, the Goodman boards, the Troll Lords boards, or any other board where I post regularly. I'm easy to find as I post as Finarvyn pretty much everywhere.

2. Be sure to say a couple of words in your PM about why you want to discuss OD&D so that I know that you're a real human. I will also need a valid email address to send an invite to from Proboards.

I followed these instructions and just got accepted for memberhip. I already had an account at theRPGsite so that definitely helped.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

2/13/2019 12:48 pm  #18

gnombient wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Agreed.  Hopefully the passing of G+ will drive more discussion back to forums and blogs, instead of just to MeWe or whatever social media flavor of the month. 

Agree wholeheartedly. I prefer the structure of forums rather than sites like G+ and MeWe. For me social sites aren't the best place to discuss topics in detail and i find them difficult to navigate when trying to find specific topics etc.

I know I'm getting older and long in the tooth but, considering I do work with technology every day as part of my work, I'm not a complete Luddite with this sort of thing.

2/13/2019 12:55 pm  #19

roryb wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

True! I’m sure it could be resuscitated by a few active enthusiasts who love Simon’s games!

To be honest I'm surprised that Everywhen hasn't garnered more discussion since it became available. I purchased the hardcopy from DriveThru and I am very happy with the product. Filigree Forge did a good job and, as usual, G+ seems to have a lot of activity on the subject. I just feel that Champions of Lemuria is where we should be discussing it more but the last post about Everywhen on these forums was way back in 8/05/2016 

2/13/2019 1:01 pm  #20

The GIT! wrote:

gnombient wrote:

roryb wrote:

I followed these instructions and just got accepted for memberhip. I already had an account at theRPGsite so that definitely helped.

Hmm. Maybe they just don’t like me.  (grin)

Board footera