The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2018 2:51 am  #61

Re: What RPG(s) are you playing/running/planning?

Today I'm prepping the last 'episode' of a three-part 'Two-Fisted Tales' (2FT) detective pulp game set in 1936. The game is playing out good, but oh how I wish I was running it with Dicey Tales! 2FT is a good system - I like it - but once again the ease of running BoL is made clear when I run anything else. (This game is run with 2FT for historical reasons - it's the 16th case these PCs have investigated - and it would loose too much flavour if converted to BoL.)

​Once this is out of the way, I think it will be time for my BoL Western game about Pinkertons. However, just watched Ray Harryhausen's Sinbad last night, and am due to watch his Jason and the Argonauts later today.

Might Heroes of Hellas be dusted off and converted to Mythic...who knows

Last edited by Gruntfuttock (1/21/2018 2:52 am)

My real name is Steve Hall

2/15/2018 11:39 pm  #62

Man, a week ago I played a one-shot with whoever answered my call to arms (all a bunch of great dudes) via hangouts. I’m still thinking about it...it was just so quick, fun, and dripping with sword & sorcery flavor. We're going to continue in a mostly-monthly game.

Some plunderers explore sections of the undercity of Urceb to discover a forgotten vault of the sorcerer-kings with a blooodless remnant of their ilk. They somehow survived an assault by an army of animated skeletons — walking out with trophies from their delve, including some strange and ancient figurines of onyx and jade...and now they’ve attracted the attention of the black druids...

I can’t wait to play with them again!

Session report: http://noonetoplay.blogspot.com/2018/02/myths-of-lemuria-part-1.html

3/06/2018 9:48 am  #63

I've been using the Everywhen (Google +) Community Preview - a draft of Everywhen - to run a Man From Uncle game, based on the recent film rather than the old tv show. Next session this coming Sunday.

​Has anyone else here been running Everywhen games to test out the new system?

3/14/2018 7:38 pm  #64

I've been running a "BoL-ish" Fading Suns campaign, we've played three sessions so far and will probably finish the current adventure next time we meet.  I've incorporated a few bits and pieces from the Everywhen playtest, which I've been reading here and there when I have time.  (I'm moving halfway across the US next month, so things are a little crazy right now!)

Looking forward to checking out the new Top Secret: New World Order, I think box sets for Kickstarter backers should be shipped out any day.  Once it arrives, I'll probably start prepping something for that.

3/14/2018 8:37 pm  #65

gnombient wrote:

I've been running a "BoL-ish" Fading Suns campaign, we've played three sessions so far and will probably finish the current adventure next time we meet.  I've incorporated a few bits and pieces from the Everywhen playtest, which I've been reading here and there when I have time.  (I'm moving halfway across the US next month, so things are a little crazy right now!)

Looking forward to checking out the new Top Secret: New World Order, I think box sets for Kickstarter backers should be shipped out any day.  Once it arrives, I'll probably start prepping something for that.

Sounds awesome!

3/27/2018 10:01 am  #66

I am hacked off beyond belief at the current state of tabletop role playing these days. I live in the USA's 4th largest city and I can't find a RPG group willing to play anything but D&D, Pathfinder, and @#*#ing Star Wars. Still hellbent, and if I have to resort to Roll20 to get my BOL fix, so be it. Stay tuned.

Dammit, I wanna play BoL RIGHT @#$% NOW!

3/28/2018 2:23 am  #67

Baragon, that would be Houston?

​I feel for you. Back in the day it seemed to me that while gamers would have their favourites, most people were willing to try any game at least once. Nowadays, not so much.

Good luck in finding face-to-face BoL players. If not, I hope online play works out for you.

3/28/2018 2:24 am  #68

gnombient wrote:

​I've read your play report you posted on your blog. Yes people, it is awesome!

3/28/2018 2:28 am  #69

Due to other commitments, we have not got in as many sessions of the Man From UNCLE game as I had hoped. However, what we have run, we've enjoyed. The UNCLE agents have investigated Nazi plots in Geneva, Nice and London; and we left them just getting off a plane in Buenos Aires, tailing a courier with stolen military plans. Next session this Monday.

4/12/2018 8:17 am  #70

At the moment things are wonderfully busy! - All online stuff:

Running:   
Blades in the Dark
A homebrew Cyberpunk campaign
A homebrew Sword & Sorcery campaign with a taint of Yellow King incursion

Playing:
D&D 5th Edition
Homebrew Post Apocalypse adventure

About one session of each per week and all with different groups.  It's exhausting but fun.

I've written a book!  Regency Drama and Cyberpunk thriller all rolled into one!   "A Step Beyond Context" available now.
My blog -Otherworlds - RPG  thoughts, settings, adventures

Board footera