The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/10/2015 7:56 am  #1

Beast Master, Poisons and the Island of Doom...also snakes

I will be running a couple of BoL scenarios for a few weeks. One player took Beast Master as a career, and we were wondering about having a couple of snakes that he could command. Also getting poison out of them - I was thinking of using the Alchemy rules but the Beast-Master career levelĀ for working out how many manufacturing points he could get to create poisons, and use with a blowpipe..

There isn't really much mention of poisons in BoL, one for demons on p 131, and I notice that the Island of Doom scenario has natives with blowpipes (1 damage + poison), but it doesn't really give details on the poison either.

So, any good thoughts on poisons, creation, use and effects thereof?

I was also a bit surprised to see a lack of snake stats in BoL, as they seem a fairly standard S&S creature, small or large.

9/16/2015 2:44 am  #2

Re: Beast Master, Poisons and the Island of Doom...also snakes

Ok, I had a bit more time to read through things, and I picked out one of the creature poisons to use for the native blowpipes - make a task roll or you have -1 to all actions for a while (including further task saves!). I think it will be cumulative, as I don't expect that the natives in the scenario will really be up to facing the PCs for many rounds, and as they can rest afterwards it only really affects them for that combat.

Snake stats I guess can be extrapolated from the generic creature table.

Board footera