The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2015 6:35 am  #21

Re: Dicey Tales Deluxe

The GIT! wrote:

theevildm wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Definitely feel that Contacts should be expanded in Dicey Tales Deluxe. Also, with regard to Careers, any chance of having Businessman/Politician and Adventurer/Explorer added?

Most likely in the NPC villains qnd allies section.

Makes sense. Any chance of the careers Businessman/Politician and Adventurer/Explorer being added?

I'll see what I can come up with. If you have anything specific in mind drop me a line.

2/11/2015 12:17 pm  #22

Re: Dicey Tales Deluxe

theevildm wrote:

The GIT! wrote:

Any chance of the careers Businessman/Politician and Adventurer/Explorer being added?

I'll see what I can come up with. If you have anything specific in mind drop me a line.

I've given a little more thought to this and have come up with the following as a starting point for some new careers...

Adventurer/Explorer
Politician/Diplomat
Businessman/Moneyman

Adventurer/Explorer
Explorers travel the world, seeing its most unusual sights and exploring areas where Westerners have rarely (if ever) gone before. Depending on other careers, he could be an archaeologist or anthropologist, an ex-soldier who’s taken up adventuring or treasure-seeking, a professional guide/hunter, or just an ordinary person drawn into a life of romance and adventure.

Explorers are usually driven by wanderlust and/or curiosity about what’s over the next hill. They want to know what’s out there, and sometimes to be the first person to see it. Less scrupulous Explorers are motivated entirely by a desire for the fame, glory, and riches that come from discovering new archaeological finds or natural resources.

They are often expedition leaders who push themselves and their followers to the limits of human endurance to reach a goal. Explorers spend long periods away from civilization and tend to be solitary and laconic individuals, though some are dynamic and charismatic leaders.

Politician/Diplomat
The Diplomat is a political official appointed to another nation by his country. He could be an ambassador, a colonial administrator, or some sort of embassy official or functionary. He may also have espionage-related duties (although this may be best represented with the Espionage/Spy career instead). In a more domestically-oriented campaign, the Diplomat may simply become the Politician. 

The Diplomat often has to walk a fine line. On the one hand, he’s a representative of his government in a foreign land, and that means he has to conduct himself with dignity, put a face on his nation’s policies, and above all else serve his country’s interests in the area. But as someone who has to live with foreigners, he needs to make friends with them as well. Evil or villainous Diplomats often scorn the latter responsibility and look down on the locals, but kind-hearted Diplomats want to establish good relations with their neighbors. Sometimes these two motivations conflict.

Businessman/Moneyman
Moneymen are wealthy and influential people who can afford to finance pet projects and invest in wild schemes. They almost always want something in return for their patronage, usually more wealth, power, or prestige. Some Moneymen will choose to join an expedition to protect their investment; others go to great lengths for philanthropic causes. Despite the name, Moneymen are women as often as not. 

Alternatively the character’s family was rich, allowing him to grow up with all the finer things (but not necessarily an Aristocrat/Socialite) and wanting to invest in the financial market, business ventures etc. Some examples are Eccentric Tycoon, Financier, Movie Producer.

There is a fair amount of plagiarism in these descriptions from other pulp style games, but I thought I'd post them as a way of sowing the seeds as it were.

I really think they are good careers to add that can't be easily covered off by combining other careers.

Last edited by The GIT! (2/11/2015 12:18 pm)

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

Board footera