The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2014 12:23 pm  #1

Dicey Tales Deluxe

As some of you may know, I am in the process of rewriting the Dicey Tales book. In this version I will release one book that contains both the BoL core rules and the Dicey tales rules from DT#1 & 2. 
Since I prefer the Legendary rules, I have decided that Dicey Tales will be released as a BoL Legendary product. I will not release a Mythic edition. 

I am finishing up a draft of the current version of Dicey Tales.  What I would like to know if any of you would be interested in giving the manuscript a thorough read through. What I mean by thorough is that you take the time to give me a lot more feedback that “this is good” or “needs a little polish”. I don’t intend to send copies out just for the hell of it. I’m looking for detailed thoughtful feedback. If you feel up to it, then please PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of the manuscript. But only if you are prepared to offer substantial feedback. 

Everyone agreeing to help me out will at the least get mention in the credits and may even get a PDF of the finished product. But again, this is dependent on you putting the work in.
Thanks,
Jeff

3/01/2014 8:33 pm  #2

Re: Dicey Tales Deluxe

Awesome! Does this mean more Dicey Tales in the future, too? Such as your Carpathia setting?

Art By Blob                                                  Legend4ry Gaming

3/02/2014 12:14 am  #3

So, where's the feedack on Mythic Edition, Jeff (since you prefer the Legendary Edition)? I'm happy to change things up, based on feedback (as I have done already based on feedback from others) and I'd far prefer it if you were onboard with the new edition!

3/02/2014 2:52 am  #4

sorcerer blob wrote:

Such as your Carpathia setting?

Yeah, we need to know more about Carpathia!  pleeeeeze!

3/02/2014 7:37 am  #5

Simon W wrote:

So, where's the feedack on Mythic Edition, Jeff (since you prefer the Legendary Edition)? I'm happy to change things up, based on feedback (as I have done already based on feedback from others) and I'd far prefer it if you were onboard with the new edition!

Dont post when you are upset, it looks bad in front of the children.
I sent you an email.

3/02/2014 7:47 am  #6

Simon W wrote:

sorcerer blob wrote:

Such as your Carpathia setting?

Yeah, we need to know more about Carpathia!  pleeeeeze!

Much of Carpathia, was a reworking of DT under the Mythic Brand.  There are differences of opinion when it came to the firearms rules.
We decided to wait until Mythic comes out before commiting ourselves the Mythic version until it sees print. once it does and we discuss it then we will proceed.  Since then I have spent my time on Dicey Tales, Hador, and other projects. Peter has moved on to other projects but still keeps his hand on Carpathia from time to time. Not all of what he creates is released since giving away too much ruins the surprise. But he's done some nice stuff as we all know he does.
We all have files for Carpathia on our drives, but will not proceed with it until Mythic is finalized.

3/02/2014 7:58 am  #7

Simon W wrote:

So, where's the feedack on Mythic Edition,

If you remember our conversations over email, Skype and Hangouts. I gave you a lot of feedback and asked quite a few questions if I remember correctly, about combat, damage, and rules for firearms.  I think that was on the second go around on BoL Mythic.

3/02/2014 8:19 am  #8

theevildm wrote:

If you remember our conversations over email, Skype and Hangouts. I gave you a lot of feedback and asked quite a few questions if I remember correctly, about combat, damage, and rules for firearms.  I think that was on the second go around on BoL Mythic. 

Yeah, it's changed a lot since then...in fact it's gone back to nearer what you had in mind...anyway, got your email

3/05/2014 7:43 pm  #9

theevildm wrote:

What I mean by thorough is that you take the time to give me a lot more feedback that “this is good” or “needs a little polish”. I don’t intend to send copies out just for the hell of it. I’m looking for detailed thoughtful feedback. If you feel up to it, then please PM me your email address and I will send you a copy of the manuscript. But only if you are prepared to offer substantial feedback. 
Jeff

I would really like to do this but I don't think I would be able to give the feedback you are looking for.  Damn it.

Where's my axe?

7/07/2014 8:29 am  #10

I'd be willing to go over your document with a fine toothed comb. When do you need my comments back by?

I'm new to this forum so I can't PM you yet. jim at explodingdice dot com.

Board footera