The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2024 10:09 am  #1

Recommendations for BoL/S&S adventure modules?

I'm relatively new to BoL having only discovered it late last year (despite gaming since the early 90s!) and my relative ignorance is more and more prevalent the more I interact here.   Anyone have any good recommendations for adventure modules to run specifically for BoL as a first time player/GM?  I don't mind other ones that are relatively compatible with the Lemura setting like Everywhen Sword and Sorcery but not those set in a drastically different time period/tech level like the Renaissance.   Additionally, what is your favorite sword and sorcery adventure overall?   If you are suggesting some, please let me know where to find them as well (not necessarily links but rather just the name of the product if its from a zine or adventure megapack) as I'm unfamiliar with the greater BoL ecosystem overall.

3/16/2024 2:42 pm  #2

Re: Recommendations for BoL/S&S adventure modules?

I would be remiss without mentioning Garnett Elliott's excellent Lemurian Legends. Get the compiled set here. It's got many adventures anchored in the Lemurian setting. Garnett really gets sword and sorcery and these are some short inspired adventures. I think my favorite from the set is Shades of Ygddar. It's really very short, but it drips with sword and sorcery goodness and has great historical bits about the setting, all statted for BoL. Great ideas, great NPCs, and some other goodies like specific spells and such. Have fun!

3/16/2024 7:26 pm  #3

Re: Recommendations for BoL/S&S adventure modules?

Thanks and I'll take a look!  I'm honestly not too familiar with the Lemurian setting from the Lin Carter books (or even know how closely the RPG follows the novels) but S&S translates pretty well seemingly regardless.  I believe there was a mention of adventures being translated over from French with the upcoming kickstarter but I'll have to double check on that collection of adventures.

Board footera