The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/14/2016 11:23 am  #1

Enchanted Weapons Question

If you have a magic two-handed sword (d6H damage), would you roll three d6 and take the high?
If it was an enchanted dagger (normally d6L damage), would you then just have them roll d6 for damage?

7/15/2016 5:29 am  #2

Re: Enchanted Weapons Question

Sigulf wrote:

If you have a magic two-handed sword (d6H damage), would you roll three d6 and take the high?
If it was an enchanted dagger (normally d6L damage), would you then just have them roll d6 for damage?

You can do it that way, but I find it more interesting to give magic weapons a simple +1 to damage so the weapon type still means something. I usually prefer to stay away from general bonus damage altogether with magic weapons and instead make them have specific abilities, such as being more effective against bloodless or having magnetic properties. Give the weapon a bound spell (by the power of Grayskull!) with an arcane points value that resets each day. A cunning sorcerer could drain the Hero's weapon of its power at an opportune moment! One treasure I have planned is a pair of winged boots that give a bonus die when running or jumping. Would be very useful for any thief types in my group!

Last edited by Crom (7/15/2016 5:36 am)

He dwells on a great mountain. What use to call on him? Little he cares if men live or die. Better to be silent than to call his attention to you; he will send you dooms, not fortune! He is grim and loveless, but at birth he breathes power to strive and slay into a man's soul. What else shall men ask of the gods?

7/15/2016 12:47 pm  #3

Re: Enchanted Weapons Question

I'm pretty much the same way. but I'd much rather give a bonus to Melee/Range than to damage at all. 

Board footera