The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2015 11:47 am  #1

Dicey Tales update

I wish this was a release announcement rather than an update but life is what it is.

Character generation is done!
Combat done!
Vehicles done!
Adventuring perils (Hazards) Done!
Bestiary (Common) Done!

Still to go...
Bestiary (Monsters)
Villains
Adventures
Appendix I Magic
Appendix II Gadgets
Appendix III Strange Powers

Here are a couple of sample things that I have added to Dicey Tales

New Character Flaw
Drunkard
Whenever your character happens to overindulge when drinking alcohol he runs the risk of becoming drunk (See “Intoxication” P.XX). In Dicey Tales there are three types of drunks. The character with this flaw must choose one type and play it to the hilt while he is under the influence.

Happy drunk- this amiable fellow loves everybody and they’re all his best friends. He will freely buy drinks for everyone, declare undying love or friendship to anyone and be overly loud, gregarious, and somewhat foolish. 

Angry drunk- this guy is a total jerk. He will be surly and obnoxious seeing just about any action towards him as some form of slight that needs to be addressed in the most violent way possible.  Odds won’t matter, the size of the opponent won’t matter. The angry drunk will take on all comers cursing all the way.

Sad drunk- this poor soul will sulk at the bar staring at his glass wondering where it all went wrong. He will share his tales of misfortune with anyone unfortunate enough to be within earshot of him.  He will constantly have the band or piano player repeat an old love song over and over as he accompanies them in between sobs.  It will be impossible to get him to focus on anything other than his own particular heartache. Nor will he want to leave. He will drink and lament life until he eventually passes out or is forcibly shown the door.

Here is a new Bestiary Boon.

Swarm Attack
A swarm of small attacking creatures (such as rodents, insects, birds) attacking creatures call for a Mind task resolution roll. If the roll is failed the character takes a penalty die to all actions until the creatures cease their attack. This is in addition to any other damage the creatures may inflict.

For the adventures I plan on using the ones in the original Dicey Tales, though I want to expand the town of Gamboa from the Bonaga Bay adventure into a an actual south seas adventuring seaport town.
More later,
Jeff

7/24/2015 5:08 am  #2

Re: Dicey Tales update

All sounding very exciting - once again, if you need any proofreading done for the new sections, feel free to send my way.

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

8/20/2015 12:02 pm  #3

Re: Dicey Tales update

Very cool! Can't wait...but have too.

Board footera