The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2015 11:12 am  #1

Zalut is called the City of Magicians?

So, let's just assume that I'm not going to create this city from scratch. Because I'm not.

So I'm trying to think if any RPG product has ever come out that is a 'close approximation' to something like this?

Did they ever do Melnibone' as a city for Stormbringer?

I know D&D did the city of Glantri as a magicocracy, but I don't think the flavor would be right...

Any pointers or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

4/14/2015 6:59 am  #2

Re: Zalut is called the City of Magicians?

Chaosium had the "Melnibone:Dragon Isle and Dreaming City" suppliment.  It was published in 1993 and is a little rare.  I have it and like most Chaosim products, it is very well done.  I  also think they did a d20 suppliment but I have heard the quality is poor.  Mongoose had the Moorcock license for a while and they might have produced a book on Imrryr (perhaps written by Loz!), but that is a line of products I never picked up so I don't know for sure.

4/14/2015 10:08 am  #3

Zak Smith's Vornheim's Complete City Kit comes to mind. Geoffrey McKinney's Carcosa could be useful too. It's far from the perfect "City of Magicians" we can envision, but it could help you making it more "real".

Crush your enemies
See them driven before you.
Hear the lamentations of their women.

4/16/2015 8:36 am  #4

Wizard Lizard wrote:

Zak Smith's Vornheim's Complete City Kit comes to mind. Geoffrey McKinney's Carcosa could be useful too. It's far from the perfect "City of Magicians" we can envision, but it could help you making it more "real".

Vornheim's is definitely something I'll pick up someday, but unfortunately both of these are more ideas that full cities. I was hoping there was something already built that could be 're-skinned'.

Someone recommended "Sorcerer's of Pan Tang" but I'd like to take a look at it first!
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8ksy?Stormbringer-Sorcerers-of-Pan-Tang

1/30/2016 8:54 am  #5

For what it's worth I settled on Mor Aldenn, City of Mages. It's still a bit too 'fru-fru' D&D, so it'll take some modification, but it's the closest I can find so far.
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/89465/PFRPG-A-Players-Guide-to-Mor-Aldenn-Expanded

3/26/2024 6:33 am  #6

The Frenchies (Emmanuel Roudier & Co. ... ) have done maps for Urceb, Satarla, Halakh & Parsool (freely available for download here). But unfortunately not yet for Zalut!

3/26/2024 1:13 pm  #7

Lankohring wrote:

The Frenchies (Emmanuel Roudier & Co. ... ) have done maps for Urceb, Satarla, Halakh & Parsool (freely available for download here). But unfortunately not yet for Zalut!

It has to be said that the French really do know how to support a game. I am so excited about the French BoL product line get full English translations!

Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary.

3/26/2024 2:03 pm  #8

The GIT! wrote:

It has to be said that the French really do know how to support a game. I am so excited about the French BoL product line get full English translations!

Me too! All my game dough is going to go to this.

Board footera