The Champions of Lemuria meet here.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2014 11:35 pm  #1

Heroes of Hellas

Heroes of Hellas is an excellent piece of work, with some gorgeous art from Peter Frain. We played a few sessions before Xmas 2013 (I ran a scenarion from the book, heavily embellished), but then had to stop and haven't got back to it since, unfortunately. Hoping to get back into it soon. Anyone else given it a go?

2/12/2014 12:54 am  #2

Re: Heroes of Hellas

I'd also be interested in hearing how this plays, as I haven't had a chance to run it yet.

With the sequel to '300' being released in the Spring, this could be a good time to raise the profile of Heroes. Whatever you think of '300' and the idea of a sequel, it might lead to increased sales of a game that is made for the pulp/heavy metal approach to Greek myth and history.

And the sequel has Eva Green as top villain - splattered with blood and carrying severed heads - just my sort of girl!

My real name is Steve Hall

2/13/2014 2:37 am  #3

I finally had the money to order the print/pdf combo. Just waiting to get my book now (it shipped, so now just waiting for it to arrive)

2/14/2014 6:36 am  #4

and my book was waiting for me when I got home!

2/15/2014 9:08 am  #5

Heroes of Hellas really intrigues me, but I've not gotten around to picking it up. What sets it apart from the other books utilizing the BoL system?

Art By Blob                                                  Legend4ry Gaming

2/18/2014 10:26 pm  #6

I've only skimmed the book, but I like what I see so far. I really hope there is some expansion on this. I've said before I wouldn't mind seeing info on playing Hittites, and maybe even Celts (as they were around at the time) and Scythians. You can all ready play Amazons, Thracians and Torjans (no Phygrians though?), but adding in the others (and maybe Phoenicians) would be kind of nice. Once I've fully digest the book, I might try my hand at my own take on Scythians. But so far, very pleased with this purchase

2/19/2014 1:03 am  #7

Of course, if you include people who were around at the time (then assuming the inclusion of Trojans relates to real world history a la Trojan War) then you could add New KIngdom Egyptians to the mix. And at a later period Greeks were employed as mercenaries by Egypt, so a good place for exiled Greek heroes to go. Staying at the rough time period, the Greeks are one of the suspects for the identity of the Sea Peoples who raided the Delta.
However, I think real world history has little to do with Heroes of Hellas, and I've no problem with that. So....bring on the Celts and Egyptians (Hollywood versions, of course).

2/24/2014 10:30 am  #8

The first 300 movie was an obvious influence when I was illustrating Heroes. I had the soundtrack for that and the Clash of the Titans remake on a constant loop!
Hope the new one is good (and it brings some new converts to Hellas)!

concept design, illustration and sequentials

www.77studios.blogspot.com

2/25/2014 5:24 am  #9

I agree that the 300 sequel is a great opportunity to promote Heroes. Once the film is on general release there are bound to be threads on the general rpg boards - rpg.net, etc - where people ask "What is the best system to run a 300 game". We should all chip in and say Heroes. Once people start playing that they could get sucked in to BoL, Dicey Tales, etc.

2/25/2014 5:33 am  #10

By the way devilmonkey - loved your illustrations for Heroes.

Board footera